Tuesday, September 7, 2010

freeze.

Hello, all. Once again, it has been some time since my last post on here. I apologize, but it has just been so hard finding a spare moment for this therapy I've grown so dependent on. Believe me, my mind is always thinking of new ideas and things to write, but whether or not I transfer them on to a physical piece of paper or here on this screen...well, that's just another ordeal in itself. But here I am now. It's good to be back.


After running around campus for nearly eight and half hours straight, I am finally able to sit down on my cozy bed wearing one of my favorite sweaters and nice mug of coffee by my side. Oh yes...Mr. Bing Crosby is keeping me company as well. Thanks, Bing. 


I sincerely hope you are doing well, friend. If things have been a bit overwhelming for you, know that you're not alone in that--I'm right there with you. Psalm 94:19 has been an incredible source of comfort..."When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul." Not only is our God a powerful One, but an affectionate One. How beautiful.


I am finding that college has been such a blur. It's almost like everything is moving forward without me, and I'm just doing my best to keep up rather than embracing the moment. This realization makes me sad. These are, after all, supposed to be the best four years of my life, right? Hm. I should probably work more on that...Embrace, Kirsten. Feel. 


But honestly, despite the chaos, college has been a rather good experience. A learning one, yes. In fact, I'm finding how OCD I've become... Black binders are becoming my new best friend. That's okay. 


I'm starting a new Bible study tomorrow evening. I can't wait to see where it will take me and my heart. I'm sure God has wonderful things planned for it. I'm ready to discover them.


I also want to take this moment and thank you for reading. I really do appreciate it, and would love to hear from you. 


I think I'll end it here tonight, friends. Bing's calling...Time for a duet. 


Kirsten Marie

1 comment:

  1. Hello love.

    I love your post. I totally agree with you--sometimes I'm afraid that i'm getting lost in all the work and assignments and when I need to be where and I'm forgetting to enjoy it. But, after reading my friend Katie's blog, (http://everylineeverywordeverything.blogspot.com/2010/09/straight-from-my-noggin-importance-of.html) i was reminded of what i should be doing. Today I laid on a bench by the fountain...it was just glorious. It's so beautiful out and it's really necessary to enjoy these kinds of days. I hope you always remember that friend :)
    Love you!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete